NYHA Mission Statement
To provide a positive youth hockey experience for players of all skill levels and ages that will help them develop as players and individuals, and foster a life-long enjoyment of the game of hockey.
NYH exists to offer a high quality, affordable opportunity to play hockey to kids in Needham and Dover. NYH strives to provide age-appropriate and skill-appropriate player development and coaching. We strive to build solid foundational skills as part of our in-house program, which enables us to have strong, competitive “1”, “2” and “3” level travel teams in each age group.
We will achieve our mission by learning from and leveraging recommendations from USA and Mass Hockey, by establishing clear goals, measuring our results, and adapting our program to meet the changing needs of players and families.
While there are many local hockey programs, NYH attempts to provide the highest value offering in the area. As an organization, NYH works hard to deliver on the following principles:
- Player development
- Sportsmanship, including respecting coaches, opponents, and refs
- Physical fitness
- Being part of a team
- Encourage players to participate in multiple sports
- Positive experience for our coaches
- Convenience for families
Key Goals for the Organization
- Improve player development
- Improve coaching quality
- Increase player, parent and coaching satisfaction
- Increase player retention
- Improve efficiency of board operations
- Improve volunteerism